Women’s MinistriesCalvary Memorial Church, Philadelphia, PA.
“Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.” Psalm 86:11-12
Women’s Bible Studies
Tuesday Morning Bible Study
Place: Room 101, Time: 9 to 11:15am
Fellowship time: 9 to 9:30am
Coffee and tea provided.
Moderator: Mary Lautenbacher
Wednesday Evening Bible Study
Adult Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s bible studies continue to provide spiritual refreshment on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday evenings. The Wednesday evening bible study will begin with the Armor of God by Priscilla Shier on March 7th. This should prove to be an excellent study.
Young Adult Women’s Bible Study
The Wednesday evening bible study will begin with the Armor of God by Priscilla Shier on March 7th. This should prove to be an excellent study.
Our Leadership Team shares a partnership in utilizing their spiritual gifts to help women become Christ’s followers and use their God-given potential in service to the Lord.
Team members include:
- Karen Schillack
- Marie Serano
- Kelly Stigelman
- Diane Veacock
- Maggie Veacock
- Angela Williams
- To help women receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- To nurture women as they mature spiritually in their relationship with the Lord.
- To disciple women to know Christ more intimately by studying God’s Word and applying Biblical truths in daily living.
- To encourage women to discover, develop and utilize their spiritual gifts in service for the Lord.
- To facilitate Bible studies to guide women in their spiritual growth.
- To equip women to reach out to others and build meaningful relationships.
- To offer opportunities for corporate praise and prayer.
- To provide personal enrichment events for spiritual renewal and relaxation.
- To participate in community outreach and missions projects.
The Women’s Ministry continues to provide exciting and spiritual events for women. This was the first year to hold a Women’s Tea. The area was decorated beautifully to give the feel of being in a garden. Thanks to Maggie Veacock’s mother, who was a collector of tea cups, for providing each woman with her own tea cup. Refreshments and entertainment were provided.
We were blessed to be inspired by Kathy Benjamin at our annual Christmas dessert. Her talk on simple gifts provided practical ways in which to be a blessing to others. This was a perfect topic as we prepared for the Christmas season.
New Year’s Eve turned into a New Year’s afternoon party as we feasted on hoagies, watched the Eagles game, and had a time of fellowship.
Information coming soon