Statement of Faith
The Purpose Of Our Church
The purpose of Calvary Memorial Church is the teaching and preaching of the Word of God, the administration of the ordinances of the New Testament, the spiritual nourishment of its members, and the evangelism of the world, until our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ returns.
The Motto Of Our Church
The motto of the members of Calvary Memorial Church is declared to be "Saved to Serve - Living to Give" of ourselves and our substance to and for others, and by precept and example to teach others true Christian conduct and fellowship.
Statement Of Faith
We accept the Bible as our authority in all matters of faith and adopt the following Statement of Faith as our interpretation of Bible Doctrine.
1. We believe that there is one God eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory and executing distinct and harmonious offices in the work of redemption.
2. We believe the Bible to be inspired, the product of Spirit-controlled men and without error in the original languages. We believe the Bible to be the only infallible and authoritative Word of God and that it is the supreme revelation of God's will for man and is our only rule of life and practice.
3. We believe in the Diety of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, premillenial and imminent return in power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through the mediatorial work of the Son of God.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life, and His ministry to the unbelieving world is that He convicts of sin, righteousness and judgement.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of Life that they are lost unto the resurrection of Damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of the believer in our Lord Jesus Christ.
8. We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who receive not Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the Lake of Fire.
9. We believe in the Church, the body of Christ, whose mission it is to preach the Gospel to all the world. All of its endeavors being supported by God's financial plan of the "tithe and offering".
10. We believe the the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism and the Lord's Table (Communion).